Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Thursday, January 16, 2014

On Painted Wings

I love the days spent at home with my son. They truly are just the best days ever. Just the two of us hanging out, playing with toys, and munching on snacks all day.

We spent the morning coloring my latest illustration. Together we colored On Painted Wings three times. He was quite excited to be sharing mommy's Copics. I gave him my set of Prismacolors to play with awhile back and told him he was lucky because most toddlers get washable markers, lol. I'm brave, I know. Even with his own set of markers he seems to know that mine are special, so he was just thrilled to use them with me.
When he napped in the middle of the afternoon, I sat in a dimly lit room and colored my cutie one more time. This one would be for my blog.

After napping with him for an hour, we sat in the middle of the kitchen floor snacking on grapes that I had cut long ways into pieces. I sat there with my arm around him while he talked endlessly. I still have no idea what he's truly saying, but he seemed happy, and I was having one of those mamma moments where I'm hoping this never ends. I have so many of those. The days just pass by way to fast, but they truly are wonderful.




Copics:
skin: E11, E21, E30, E50 YR000
hair: E35, E33, E53, E51
clothes: R37, R35, R22, E18
wings: YR21, YR24, YR23, YR27

On Painted Wings Cuddlebug Cuties


Enjoy coloring and crafting with On Painted Wings but please give me, Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties, credit for drawing her. And feel free to link back your projects, I love seeing what others create with my images.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
 
Hugs,
Anna

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for another lovely image. I am glad you can spend time with your son. It is good to see that you are teaching him to craft. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anna!
    Beautiful girl... love how you colored her.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember these wonderful moments. He'll be a teenager soon, and you still won't understand what he's saying, but this time he'll be looking "you must be stupid" 'cause I can tell you don't understand. Use these memories to fight through it. Got to keep communication open. Gotta luv 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Oh, by then he will understand why your markers are better and insist on having them anyway so that he can do anime or whatever the current fad is -- or maybe he'll develop a love for the classics and maybe ... just maybe ... a Sistine Chapel II :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful image, thank you for sharing. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAUW she´s so gorgeous again Anna, and I just love, how she looks, and you´ve colored her sooo awesome.
    So glad to hear, you´re treasuring these moments, cause believe me, they´ll be gone almost before you blink, and then they´ll be out there living their own life too. Time just pass soo quick when you get kids, and it really feels like time is speeding, the older we gets. I can´t imagine, that my oldest will be 40 next year, as I just got him the other day, at least it feels that way, so enjoy every second, you can. Have another wonderful day today and for all to come too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy reading about your time with your little boy - precious moments indeed. Thank you for the new cutie - she's beautiful! Wishing you a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I'm a new follower to your blog and just wanted to say what a beautiful and happy moment you have shared. Gotta love how everyone can be a downer about a special time by saying how crappy the future is going to be. Thanks, right?! Enjoy this wonderful time now and enjoy the beautiful older boy that you raise :-) I refuse to be the downer ;-)

    I love your blog by the way and am going to have fun wandering around for a bit. Thanks for sharing it!

    Take care,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cute character you made there!!! I love the color of the clothing and most of all I love the fact that your son colored his drawing too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Son! =)
    Love your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your drawing is awesome! Love it!
    Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog via GFC.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is adorable! Thanks for sharing my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Love your colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your images because they're not "cutsie", but they definitely are cute. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your characters are always so cute! And it sounds like you had a great day with your son.

    ReplyDelete